Convergence PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Growth Modeling of Longitudinal Data >
Message/Author
 ams posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 11:20 am
Is it ever problematic to add iterations so that the model converges? For example, if the model requires some 8000 iterations to finally converge, is that bad?
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 2:40 pm
No, it is not bad.
 Marian Scholz posted on Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 7:26 am
Hello,

could you please explain to me in two to three sentences what the following info in my output means (or give me a hint, where to find it in your book)?

NO CONVERGENCE. SERIOUS PROBLEMS IN ITERATIONS. CHECK YOUR DATA, STARTING VALUES AND MODEL.

I already tried absurdly high iteration numbers myself (although I stopped trying as soon as I reached 5000). Reading what you wrote in this thread, I will try some more but IŽd still like to really better understand what it is, that tries to converge and what I try to give a better chance to for being able to converge.

kindest regards and thanks in advance
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 8:19 am
This could be due to several things. See pages 415-416 of the user's guide for some suggestions. If this does not help, please send your output and license number to support@statmodel.com.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: