Class membership in LGC mixture model... PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Growth Modeling of Longitudinal Data >
Message/Author
 John  posted on Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 8:47 am
Hello - even though this is a more general question, I would be happy if I could get some advice on it:

Problem:
I have dichotomous indicators repeatedly measured at four points in time (each one year apart, panel study). An initial latent class analysis showed that a four-class model fits best to the data. Further, a plot of the LC-clasess shows that two of the four classes 'converge' at the fourth measurement point - they seem to have the same probalities for positively answering the single item at time 4. I now want to model the data as a latent growth curve mixture model.

Question:
Using latent growth curve mixture modeling (or any other approach), how could I estimate the probability that members of one latent class do change or do not change their class-membership (=trajectories) for the period under study? Is there any applied literature?

Best regards & happy new year,
John
 John posted on Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 8:49 am
sorry for the following error: I estimate the whole model using several dichotomous indicators, not just one single indicator
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 12:15 pm
With one latent class variable, individuals cannot change class over time. You might consider latent transition analysis.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: