Testing partial measurement invarianc... PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Categorical Data Modeling >
Message/Author
 ffan posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 7:56 pm
Hi Dr. Muthen,

I am using Mplus to test multi-group measurement invariance on binary items with the help of the Mplus user guide. I fitted a free-baseline configural model and a fully contrained scalar model. I did model difference test and it's significant. So I am interested to find out where the partial invariance is. I got kind of confused now. My professor told me to constrain an item at a time and compare this model to the configural model to test whether that item is invariant across groups. It makes sense to me but I am not sure how to constrain an item when doing multi-group analysis in Mplus. Also according to Mplus user guide, it feels like I actually have to free an item at a time to find out whether the item is invariant across groups. If so, then when I compare this model to the free-baseline configural model, it sounds really weird. Can you give me some details how to test partial invariance and some resources? Thanks Angela!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - 11:33 am
I would run the model with thresholds and factor loadings held equal and look at modification indices. See the Topic 2 course handout and video under multiple group analysis.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: