Multinomial multilevel PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Categorical Data Modeling >
Message/Author
 jan mod posted on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 6:57 am
Dear,

I have a question. Is it possible to do multinomial multilevel (random intercept) with my categorical dependent variable with three categories? I cannot find syntax examples for this type of analysis. I use the nominal statement.
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 7:30 am
Yes, that is possible.

On level 2 you have C-1 continuous latent variables (random intercepts) for a nominal with C categories. For a variable names y they are referred to as y#1, y#2, y#3.
 jan mod posted on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 11:00 am
Thanks! Do you also have a reference that I can use to write the equations. Multilevel multinomial is new for me.
 Ebrahim Hamedi posted on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 6:22 pm
I am running a two-level binary logistic model with "INTEGRATION = MONTECARLO; ALGORITHM = INTEGRATION". I get this error message: ONE OR MORE PARAMETERS WERE FIXED TO AVOID SINGULARITY OF THE INFORMATION MATRIX.

I am not able to increase the start values becuase it may take a week or two with my current computer to complete that analysis (which may need to be repeated a dozen of times). Can you suggest an appropriate algorithm to accelerate the analysis, or a way to handle this error message without increasing analysis time, any quick fixes?

many thanks in advance
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Monday, July 16, 2018 - 2:36 pm
We need to see your full output; send it including Tech1 and Tech8 to Support along with your license number.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: