Correlation predicting latent distal PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Categorical Data Modeling >
Message/Author
 Tracy Patterson posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 7:11 am
Hello.
I am trying to run a model which uses the correlation between 2 latent categorical variables to predict a latent categorical distal outcome. Ideally, I'd like to examine the direct effects of both c1 and c2 on the distal (c3) as well as the effect of the correlation of c1 & c2 on the distal.

My Overall model reads
MODEL:
%OVERALL%
c1#1 WITH c2#1;
c3#1 ON c1#1;
c3#1 ON c2#1;
The error message I receive is: *** ERROR in Model command. This model is not supported by LOGIT parameterization.
Use LOGLINEAR parameterization.

When I specify the loglinear parameterization, I get the following erro message:
*** ERROR in Model command. This model is not supported by LOGLINEAR parameterization. Use LOGIT parameterization.

How might I go about specifying this model? I greatly appreciate your assistance.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 7:35 am
It sounds like you need to send your input, data, output, and license number to support@statmodel.com.
 mpduser1 posted on Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 9:50 am
Any chance you'll be extending the ADDFREQUENCY feature to allow it to be used for sampling zeros with 3-way LOGLINEAR tables (etc.)?

Thanks.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 1:37 pm
We can add that to our suggestion list.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: