Categorical PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Categorical Data Modeling >
Message/Author
 Mihaela Moldo posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 6:40 am
I run an analysis with categorical variable and it gives me that the variable has noninteger values when actually in my data it is coded 0/1. Do you know what the problem is?
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 6:47 am
It sounds like you are reading the data incorrectly. If you can figure it out, please send your input, data, output, and license number to support@statmodel.com.
 Steven Haas posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 4:08 pm
I am getting this same error.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 6:50 am
It sounds like you are reading the data incorrectly. If you can figure it out, please send your input, data, output, and license number to support@statmodel.com.
 AJB posted on Thursday, September 10, 2009 - 7:29 am
I also encountered this error. For me the solution was that I had more columns of data in my data.dat file than I had specified in the "NAMES =" line. To remedy the problem I opened my datafile in SPSS, and compared the number of rows of variables to the total number of variables. Turns out, I had missed one in the NAMES list, and so MPLUS assumed that my final variable was categorical, when it was actually continuous. Adding the missing variable to the names list fixed the problem, so that MPLUS correctly saw my final column of data, which was there all along but I had not been telling MPLUS that it was there.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: