Thresholds and complex panel data PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Categorical Data Modeling >
Message/Author
 Justin Jager posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 5:33 am
I am using panel data that used a complex (i.e, stratified) sampling design. I want to calculate simple %s (say % male) and get confidence intervals (CI) for the estimated %s. While using the appropriate syntax (i.e, type=complex, a stratification variable, assigning gender as a nominal variable, and including CINTERVALS in the output command) can I just estimate the mean of gender, which is actually a threshold, and use the CI of the threshold to determine the CI of the percentage? Of course the CI's and the Threshold itself would have to be converted using a z table. But would this be an accurate way of calculating the variances/CI's of binary categorical variables collected via a complex sampling design? Thanks.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 7:43 am
If you put gender on the CATEGORICAL list and use the default weighted least squares estimator, you will obtain a confidence interval for the threshold which you can convert using a z-table.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: