Polychoric correlation PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Exploratory Factor Analysis >
Message/Author
 yong-hwee nah posted on Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 10:58 pm
Hi,

I would like to ask how do I just obtain the polychoric correlation using my 16 variables (ordinal data) from SPSS data file?

I just need this correlation table and I just cant seem to get the commands right.

Best regards,
nah
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 6:01 am
Put the variables on the CATEGORICAL list and ask for TYPE=BASIC; in the ANALYSIS command. You need to save the data from the SPSS file as a numeric text file.
 Annette Ponnock posted on Friday, July 24, 2020 - 8:25 pm
I put my variables in the CATEGORICAL list and used TYPE=BASIC and got an error saying "Covariances for categorical, censored, count or nominal variables with other observed variables
are not allowed. For covariances between categorical variables, specify PARAMETERIZATION=RESCOV
in the ANALYSIS command." When I put this line in the analysis command it told me I had to use TYPE=COMPLEX. I tried that and then it told me to specify the class, which I don't have in this dataset.
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Sunday, July 26, 2020 - 2:41 pm
Type=Basic covariances/correlations are not available for count and nominal variables because there are no underlying continuous latent response variables for them. But it is for categorical and censored.

If this doesn't help, send your output to Support along with your license number.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: