USE observations PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Exploratory Factor Analysis >
Message/Author
 Heejung Chung posted on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 3:02 am
Hello.
I am trying to find the command which is opposite to EQ - so not equal to, or is not.

I am currently using
USEobservations are (cntry17 EQ 1);

but now I need that + and V3 ~=28.

USEobservations are (cntry17 EQ 1 and V3~=28);

However Mplus doesnot seem to understand this command. I know this is a stata command....Hope someone can help! should be simple enough!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 6:03 am
It is NE. See the DEFINE command for the logical operators that can be used with USEOBSERVATIONS option.
  nuoshin ahanchi  posted on Wednesday, June 10, 2020 - 8:48 am
I am using a latent class growth mixture model with mplus. I am using data from the longitudinal cohort. Data includes 6 different phases. I want BMI data after the onset of hypertension (outcome) were not included in analyses. For example when hypertension occurs in phase 2, I want to consider just BMI_baseline and BMI1, I mean BMI before outcome .
I recorded BMI data after the onset of hypertension to 999 and I am using this command
useobservation are BMI2 =/ 999 AND BMI3=/999 AND BMI4=/999
But with this command all participants with BMI=999 are removed from my analysis
I don't want to delete participates I want to delete some data for some participates and keep my participates in analysis
Would you mind please help me ?
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Wednesday, June 10, 2020 - 3:26 pm
If you record those values as missing, you don't have to delete observations. When including them in the analysis, they don't contribute to the estimation because they are treated as missing.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: