FSCORES not the same as factors PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Confirmatory Factor Analysis >
Message/Author
 lopisok posted on Monday, February 11, 2013 - 7:48 am
Hello,

I have a question about saving fscores after CFA.

In a previous thread http://www.statmodel.com/discussion/messages/23/4239.html?1336064215 Linda Muthen said:

"Factor scores are not the same as the factors in a model. How close they are to each other can be seen in the factor determinacy score. See the FSDETERMINACY option of the OUTPUT command."

1) I wonder why they are not the same? Why aren't the same scores saved so they can be used as dependent variables for regression?
2) In another thread Linda said that these fscores can't be used as dependent variables in regression. Why is this?
3) Is there any way I can save the factors from CFA (for example the STDYX outcomes) as they are in the model and use these for regression as dependent variables?

Thank you for the help,
kind regards,
Filip
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Monday, February 11, 2013 - 10:39 am
1-2. See the following paper:

Skrondal, A. and Laake, P. (2001). Regression among factor scores. Psychometrika 66, 563-575.

3. Factor scores are not used for model estimation in an SEM model. In SEM, the model parameters are directly estimated from the data.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: