Plausible values PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Confirmatory Factor Analysis >
Message/Author
 emmanuel bofah posted on Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 9:20 am
I am using a data(TIMSS) set with 5 plausible values(test scores). Is advice to use all the 5 plausible values in your analysis. Is there a simple command in Mplus that will do all the five analysis and give the average.
i Soo difficult to do five different analysis.
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 1:21 pm
Yes, you should use all 5. Look up TYPE=IMPUTATION in the UG. This is the way to handle multiple imputation data.
 Kalina Gjicali posted on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 7:50 am
I am using the PISA data set (N = ~5,000) and predicting to mathematics performance (measured through 5 plausible values) using SEM and replicate weights.

1. Mplus noted that no indirect effect estimates and no confidence intervals for the estimates are available with multiple imputations. Why is this?

2. My data would not converge when I predicted to the mathematics outcome (mean = 480, SD = 90). After examining the output, I noticed that the residual variance for mathematics, was over 4,000 times larger than any of the other variables (see excerpt below). I think this is because all of the indicators I am using as predictors are on a scale of 1-4 and the math outcome is on a different scale? Thus, I scaled down the math plausible values by dividing them by 100. After doing this, the model converged. Is this okay or does this sort of scaling (transforming of the original variable) create unbiased estimates?

ST46Q35 0.288
ST46Q67 0.266
ST46Q89 0.353
PV1MATH 4526.233
INTENTION 1.000
BEHAVIOR 1.000

3. I noticed that no traditional model fit statistics are available with multiple imputations (e.g., RMSEA, CFI, etc). Why is this? How do I evaluate model fit?
 Tihomir Asparouhov posted on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 4:37 pm
1. They are available in Mplus 8.1.

2. This is ok

3. The methodology is not available yet, mostly because of the replicate weights. Use SRMR.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: