Cross Loading Indicators PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Confirmatory Factor Analysis >
Message/Author
 Jenna Ward posted on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 8:17 pm
Hi,

I'm new to CFA and am trying to complete an analysis for my dissertation.

I have a model with 8 observed variables and two factors. 6 of the variables load onto one factor, with 2 cross loading on the other factor. So, there are 6 indicators for the first factor and 4 for the second, with 2 of those indicators loading on both factors. The factors are correlated.

I am trying to interpret the R-squared for the cross loading indicators. Why doesn't the sum of the squared factor loadings add up to the R squared for a cross loading indicator?
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 6:58 am
General statistical questions should be directed to a general discussion forum like SEMNET. Mplus Disucssion is for questions related to Mplus.
 Carla Cebula posted on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 1:53 am
Hi,

I have a CFA model in MPlus where I want the same indicator to load on more than one factor (income) as it seems both theoretically relevant and loaded in an earlier EFA model. I am getting good goodness of fit statistics and the correlations between factors is quite low but I wanted to check whether I need to let MPlus know that the variable is loading to more than one factor. I thought there may be something similar to adding the correlated variance between two indicators within one factor. Is there any additional syntax I need to add to my model?

Many thanks
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 6:11 am
If two BY statements contain the same factor indicator, Mplus knows this. It is not necessary to do anything else.
 Carla Cebula posted on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 6:16 am
Thanks Linda, that is really helpful.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: