Data Aggregation Problem in Mplus PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Confirmatory Factor Analysis >
Message/Author
 Sehrish Shahid posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 9:01 pm
Hi.I have to conduct twolevel (2-1-1) analysis where leadership styles will be analysed at group level and mediators and dependent variable at individual level. My data has 358 observations for leadership, mediators collected from employees and 61 managers have rated the performance of employees in 61 teams. I have to aggregate those 358 observation on leadership and mediators to 61 teams.
If I entered my data as it is like 358 observations and 61 observations for performance, MPLus gives me an error of having missing data. How can I aggregate my data? or what command should I write?
 Sehrish Shahid posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 9:11 pm
Hi Related to the above post on data aggregation, As employees filled questionnaire on leadership and mediators giving 358 observations, I also collected data on their age gender tenure education which reflect values of 358 respondents.
My questions is if I aggregate the values of IV and mediators having 358 observations to 61 then how can this new aggregated data match with data on age gender education and tenure which will still reflect values given by 358 respondents. I want age gender education to be control variables in the model. Is it possible to run analysis in this way or do I need to aggregate these control variables too?
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 3:56 pm
First post: Use the Cluster_Mean option in Define.

Second post: Yes, because your DV is on Between.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: