Two-level confirmatory factor analysis PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Confirmatory Factor Analysis >
Message/Author
 rui tao posted on Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 8:54 am
Hi,
sorry if it is a stupid question.
I am trying a two-level CFA. It's a 1-1-1 mediation with all three slopes being random and a level-2 moderator moderating the three paths and I have missing data for all three level-1 variables.
The thing is after adding "ALGORITHM = INTEGRATION" as told by the warning, the program won't run and keeps reporting fatal error as followed
"*** FATAL ERROR
THERE IS NOT ENOUGH MEMORY SPACE TO RUN Mplus ON THE CURRENT
INPUT FILE. THE ANALYSIS REQUIRES 8 DIMENSIONS OF INTEGRATION RESULTING
IN A TOTAL OF 0.25629E+10 INTEGRATION POINTS. THIS MAY BE THE CAUSE
OF THE MEMORY SHORTAGE. YOU CAN TRY TO REDUCE THE NUMBER OF DIMENSIONS
OF INTEGRATION OR THE NUMBER OF INTEGRATION POINTS OR USE INTEGRATION=MONTECARLO
WITH FEWER NUMBER OF INTEGRATION POINTS SUCH AS 500 OR 5000."

I don't know if it is a problem of my PC or my syntax.
many thanks!
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 4:42 pm
8 dimensions is very difficult to handle using ML. You can switch to Estimator = Bayes.
 Youngshin Ju posted on Monday, June 10, 2019 - 11:18 am
Hello, Mplus team.

I'm trying to two-level analsis with random intercepts and random loadings. I see ex9.19 in Mplus guide for reference.
Also, I read Muthen & Asparouhov (2018). Recent Methods for the Study of Measurement Invariance With Many Groups: Alignment and Random Effects. In table 8, How to I get variance estimates of intercepts? When I use ex9.19, I get only variance estimates of loadings.
I want to know how to I set 'random intercepts & random loadings' model. Is it possible setting to estimate random intercept & random loading at the same time.

Thank you so much!
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 1:52 pm
Try mentioning y1-y2 on Between. If this doesn't help, send your output to Support along with your license number.
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 1:53 pm
Should be y1-y4;
 Youngshin Ju posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 4:48 pm
Thank you for your explaining.
You mean 'Residual variance of y1-y4 on betweens'?
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 4:56 pm
On Between they are not residual variances but are the variances of the random intercepts for y1-y4; See our Short Courses on multilevel factor analysis, including Topic 7 and Topic 10.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: