Tutorials to conduct multilevel CFAs PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Confirmatory Factor Analysis >
Message/Author
 Anh Hua posted on Friday, November 22, 2019 - 2:53 pm
Hi all,

I recently purchased mplus and I am very eager to learn how to conduct multilevel CFA using ordinal data, among many things. I've searched through Mplus user guide and saw some sample syntax. However, I'm hoping someone could provide me some resources, either links to books, journal articles, etc. that walked me through the mplus syntax along with a multilevel CFA example with hopefully a sample dataset so that: (1) I can follow along and learn how to run the software and make sure my results match with the tutorial' and (2) understand how to interpret every single piece of information in the results.

I've had experiences running CFAs but only at a single level, so a detailed tutorial would help me a lot at consolidating my understanding of using CFA within a multilevel context.

I'd very much appreciate any suggestions you may provide.

Thank you for your time!
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Friday, November 22, 2019 - 4:06 pm
First study this paper which is on our website under Papers, Multilevel SEM:

Muthén, B. (1994). Multilevel covariance structure analysis. In J. Hox & I. Kreft (eds.), Multilevel Modeling, a special issue of Sociological Methods & Research, 22, 376-398.
download paper contact author

You may find other interesting papers under Papers, Multilevel SEM.

Then study multilevel FA in our Short Course Topic 7 video and handout on our website. See also the references given there.

You have scripts in the UG for ex9.6 - 9.8.
 Anh Hua posted on Saturday, November 23, 2019 - 6:54 am
Dear Dr. Muthen,

These resources are amazing!! Thank you so much for taking the time to show these to me. I'm now learning that the mplus website has so many more resources than I was originally aware of, especially the short courses with handouts, and the entire section on multilevel SEM papers.

Gratefully,

Anh
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: