MLR Fit indices PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Confirmatory Factor Analysis >
Message/Author
 Patricia Kantor posted on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 12:21 pm
I am running a series of CFAs with censored variables and would like to use the MLR estimator due to missing data.
I am not getting regular fit indices (chi-square, CFI, TLI, RMSEA) when I use this estimator. Do these need to be requested?
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 12:31 pm
Maximum-likelihood estimation with censored variables does not have means, variances and covariances as sufficient statistics, but instead raw data, and therefore does not do the usual model test of fit. If you want a test of the fit to the covariance matrix you can use WLSMV. You can also use MLR and create your own unrestricted covariance matrix model in Mplus to test against, that is do a second run, and then compute chi-square as 2 times the log likelihood difference.
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 1:17 pm
I spoke too quickly in my last sentence above. To do what I suggested one must allow a factor behind each censored variable which will lead to too many dimensions of integration with MLR.

Instead, you can either use WLSMV for such testing and hope that the missing data handling in WLSMV is sufficient. Or, better still, use MLR and work with likelihood-ratio chi-square testing of nested neighboring models to see if specific restrictions in your model are well fitting or not.
 Patricia Kantor posted on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 1:29 pm
Dr. Muthen. Thank you for your prompt response. I had originally used the censored with WLSMV, but after reading more about estimators it seemed that MLR might be more appropriate. I appreciate your suggestions.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: