Deviance information criterion PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Confirmatory Factor Analysis >
Message/Author
 Chris Weber posted on Friday, October 29, 2010 - 3:30 pm
Hello,

I am estimating a bayesian CFA and noticed that the deviance information criterion is missing when using categorical indicators? Was this intentional? I would like to compare the fit between several models and all that is included in the output is the PP p-value. Is there a particular reason why the DIC is absent? Is it not recommended for categorical indicators?

Thanks in advance.

Chris
 Tihomir Asparouhov posted on Friday, October 29, 2010 - 4:44 pm
DIC is currently not available with categorical variables. That is because the likelihood can not be evaluated explicitly.
 Dan Cloney posted on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 10:06 pm
Hi,

is DIC now available for models with continuous and categorical variables?
 Tihomir Asparouhov posted on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 4:21 pm
Not yet
 Daniel Lee posted on Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 11:02 am
I would like to compare several bayesian CFA models (they all fit well) but I realized that I don't have DIC with categorical indicators. Is there another way to compare bayesian CFA models?

Thank you!

Dan
 Tihomir Asparouhov posted on Thursday, January 10, 2019 - 9:04 am
Some additional tests of fit are available in tech10. If the models are nested one possible solution is to use the simplest model (fewest number of parameters) with acceptable PPP. Nested models can also be compared using the model constraint command as on page 274 in the User's Guide.
 Hugo Cogo-Moreira posted on Monday, February 25, 2019 - 1:49 am
Dear Tihomir, I am not finding how to conduct this nested models comparison under Bayes estimator in the UG pg 274. What it would be the updated page number on UG version 8.0?
Kind regards,
Hugo
 Tihomir Asparouhov posted on Monday, February 25, 2019 - 9:12 am
Which models are you considering?
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: