CFA all binary Variables PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Confirmatory Factor Analysis >
Message/Author
 Maria Rueda posted on Friday, April 29, 2011 - 9:42 am
Hi,
I'm performing CFA with all binary variables. Which time of estimator do you recommend me to use ML or WLSMV? there is an specific estimator I should not use?

Thanks for your help

Maria
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Friday, April 29, 2011 - 10:19 am
You can use either. If you have several factors, WLSMV is best because with ML each factor with binary factor indicators requires one dimension of integration. If you want to include residual covariances between factor indicators, WLSMV is also best because with ML each residual covariance requires one dimension of integration. Models using more than four dimensions of integration are not recommended.
 Scott Smith posted on Monday, October 14, 2013 - 11:25 am
Can you further explain what dimensions of integration are? Does this mean that I shouldn't run more than four factors within one CFA model at a time?
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Monday, October 14, 2013 - 12:05 pm
Numerical integration is discueed on pages 470-473 of the Version 7 user's guide.
 Hugo posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2014 - 3:20 am
Hi,

I'm performing CFA with all binary variables. I have a problem becouse I have to set to 1 the variances of the three latent variables (all latent variables) to estimate the model, and I think that this is the reason to obtain the same results in Model results and Standardized estimates.

I need the results of the STDYX output for this model and I have 7 standarized estimates greater than 1, e.g x4 has a estimate=1.141 and S.E.=0.177

Im wondering if you know some formula to fix the standardized estimates in the STDYX and obtain values less than 1.

Thanks for your help.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2014 - 8:02 am
Standardized coefficients can be greater than one. See the FAQ on our website.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: