ESEM PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Confirmatory Factor Analysis >
Message/Author
 yezi posted on Monday, April 16, 2012 - 12:01 am
Hi,
How can add additional parameter in ESEM for factor loadings?
Thank you!

Best wishes!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Monday, April 16, 2012 - 8:49 am
ESEM is EFA. You can't add any factor loadings.
 yezi posted on Monday, April 16, 2012 - 5:51 pm
Hi,
Thank you!
In CFA, I can set F1 BY x1-x6*(p1-p6) in the following example. How to do in ESEM? Thank you!

DATA: FILE IS p.dat;
VARIABLE: NAMES ARE x1-x6;
MODEL: F1 BY x1-x6*(p1-p6);
F1@1;
MODEL CONSTRAINT:
new(H1);
H1=(p1+p2+p3+p4+p5+p6);
OUTPUT:
CINTERVAL;
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Monday, April 16, 2012 - 6:28 pm
You cannot put constraints on ESEM factors. Your model has only one factor so CFA and EFA are the same.
 yezi posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 6:00 am
Hi,
Thank you!
Is there a method to compute the sum of factor loadings in mplus software as the same as H1 in the CFA example? Thank you!

Best wishes!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 9:17 am
I don't understand your question.
 yezi posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 7:54 pm
Hi,
We can compute the sum of factor loadings in mplus software in the CFA example by setting (F1 "BY x1-x6*(p1-p6); MODEL CONSTRAINT:
new(H1);
H1=(p1+p2+p3+p4+p5+p6);"
How can we do in ESEM?

Best wishes!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 10:08 am
This cannot be done with ESEM.
 yezi posted on Friday, April 20, 2012 - 6:10 pm
Thank you!
 yezi posted on Monday, June 04, 2012 - 3:02 am
Hi,
We can compute the sum of factor loadings in mplus software in the CFA example by setting (F1 "BY x1-x6*(p1-p6); MODEL CONSTRAINT:
new(H1);
H1=(p1+p2+p3+p4+p5+p6);"
How can we do in ESEM? I eagerly need this function. I think that other researcher also need this function. Can you write code to achieve this function.
Thank you!

Best wishes!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Monday, June 04, 2012 - 10:18 am
You cannot do this with ESEM. You could do it with EFA in a CFA framework. You will find the input for this in the Topic 1 course handout on the website.
 yezi posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 8:23 am
Hi,
I can not find the input for this in the Topic 1 course handout on the website. Can you explain clearly? Thank you!

Best wishes!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 11:40 am
Go to Slide 133 in

http://www.statmodel.com/download/Topic%201.pdf
 Clayton McClintock posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 4:17 am
I have a dataset where I want to correct for non-independent observations, in this case siblings. On another thread, you wrote, "if the SEs are fairly similar to those of regular MLR estimation, you could then not bother with the clustering." May I ask if there is a quantitative guideline for "fairly similar"?

Also, even if SEs and results of the model were similar, what would the explanation and advantage be for using the non-adjusted model rather than the adjusted model?
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 6:16 am
I would say to check if the pattern of significance changes. If so, I would correct for non-independence of observations. If not, you can go either way.
 Anthony Rosellini posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 7:31 am
I am trying to calculate Raykov's composite reliability for scales derived within an ESEM model (with rotation). Is it still the case that one cannot use the MODEL CONSTRAINT command within an ESEM model? Thanks!
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 5:04 pm
Yes. You would have to do "EFA within a CFA framework" - see our Topic 1 short course.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: