Likelihood-based difference testing u... PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 carla hard posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 5:09 am
dear dr. muthén,
when doing likelihood-based (!) difference testing/strictly positive difference testing using MLR as described on your webpage/webnotes - how do I name it correctly? as far as I know, satorra and bentler developed the method for difference testing/strictly positive difference testing using correction factors, but with MLR the correction factors of yuan & bentler are provided- is this right? what is the difference between the satorra-bentler and the yuan-bentler correction factors? and what is the correct name especially when doing it likelihood-based?
thanks in advance
carla
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 11:58 am
See the following paper:

Satorra, A., & Bentler, P.M. (2010). Ensuring positiveness of the scaled difference chi-square test statistic. Psychometrika, 75, 243-248.
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 12:55 pm
See also the more applied Bryant-Satorra article that appeared in the SEM journal recently:

http://www.statmodel.com/download/BryantSatorraInPressSEM2011.pdf
 carla hard posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 4:22 am
Thank you for the quick answer. I´m just wondering if the correction factors provided by MPlus when using the MLR-Method are the same like the correction factors used by Satorra and Bentler in their articles.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 3:43 pm
Yes.
 Shiny7 posted on Friday, November 28, 2014 - 2:15 am
Dear Dr. Muthen,

first of all: thank you so much for your professional suppor being so valuably.

I´ve got a further question concerning Difference-Tests for nested models using MLR-estimator (simple mulitple regression analysis).

Mplus usually provides two ways for difference testing: Chi-square and loglikelidhood.

a) Which one do I have to prefer? Or are they equivalent?
b) When I do NOT get Chi-square statistics because of df being 0, can I readily take the LL-Difference Test?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Shiny
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Friday, November 28, 2014 - 6:18 am
a. They will give the same results.
b. Yes.
 Shiny7 posted on Friday, November 28, 2014 - 12:43 pm
Perfect, thank you very much!
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: