Tech10 PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Latent Variable Mixture Modeling >
Message/Author
 Jon Heron posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 1:58 am
Hi Bengt/Linda

I would be interested in your thoughts on how best to utilise the bivariate tech10 output.

In the past I have focussed on the "overall" value and derived a statistically-dubious threshold to compare it to. For instance, if the overall value is a composite from ten 2*2 contingency tables then I'd derive a value from a chi-square with ten degrees of freedom.

This doesn't feel that great, neither does looking for individual large values due to the problem of multiple testing.

I am now wondering about something a little more sophisticated and robust. In my current large LCA I have a couple of hundred bivariate tech10 comparisons. What would you think about a QQ plot of all those individual Pearson values or some other consideration based on their distribution?

many thanks, Jon
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 9:10 am
It is an important issue, but not sure how to handle it easily. What is really needed is a statistically sound overall summary of TECH10-type tests. Albert Maydeu-Olivares has written about this and we have it on our list to add to Mplus. Perhaps you want to take a look at his writings and/or contact him.
 Jon Heron posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 - 3:40 am
Thanks Bengt, wil investigate

bw, Jon
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: