"Dual process" LCGA PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Latent Variable Mixture Modeling >
Message/Author
 Caspar van Lissa posted on Wednesday, March 06, 2013 - 11:52 pm
Dear reader,

I am trying to run an LCGA on 6 waves of self-report data of 2 subscales of the same questionnaire. The scales are known to be correlated, their growth trajectories are known to be curvilinear, and there are gender differences in mean levels, slope, and intercept.

In order to incorporate all of this, I have modelled two seperate curvilinear growth curves, I have correlated their indicators (observed scores of the questionnaire subscales) within time, and regressed the intercept, slope, and quadratic term of both growth models, as well as the latent class variable, on sex. The optimal model includes three classes.

I'm not sure whether this is the corrrect way to model the data. I've tried to follow Jung & Wickrama's steps. What causes me anxiety, is the fact that the graph of estimated means is very different from the means I obtain from the Model Results. The growth trajectories displayed in the Estimated Means graph are RADICALLY different from the growth trajectories implied by the means in the output.

Thank you for your help, be well
Caspar
 Caspar van Lissa posted on Thursday, March 07, 2013 - 3:05 am
Is this perhaps because the means of intercept, slope, and quad. are controlled for gender at 0? If so, what are the appropriate estimated means to plot per class?
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Thursday, March 07, 2013 - 8:42 am
The PLOT command plots the means. The results section gives intercepts in a conditional model.
 Lulu Dong posted on Monday, August 26, 2013 - 7:28 am
Hi Dr.Muthen,

How should I specify "class = " under Variable command when doing dual processes LCGA?

Thank you,

Lu
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Monday, August 26, 2013 - 1:54 pm
See UG ex 7.14
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: