Can't get MFILE option to work with L... PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Latent Variable Mixture Modeling >
Message/Author
 James Lemoine posted on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 7:51 am
I would appreciate any help the forums can provide. I have a working LCA model and am trying to create an output file that has the original data identifiers as well as the most likely latent class membership for each case. I tried the "save is cprobabilities" option, but that doesn't provide any identifying information to see which case in particular is associated with which latent class.

From reading the manual it seemed MFILE might be the way to go, so I used the IDVariable command in the Variable section first:
IDVariable is id4;
Then further down in the savedata: section, I use
mfile is "C:\output\merge.dat";
mnames is id4 w4p6 w4p36;

(I included the variables other than id4 just as a test to see how the output would be structured)

The program runs, but does not display any output on completion. I found a new output file had been created, showing that everything seemed to work, but the last line on the output is "SAVEDATA INFORMATION" and then nothing. None of the requested output files were created.

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 8:39 am
Use the IDVARIABLE option and the CPROBABILITIES option along with the FILE option. MFILE is for merging two data sets.
 James Lemoine posted on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 3:04 pm
Ah, that seems to be working. Thanks very much.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: