Intercepts of latent class - Alpha (F... PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Latent Variable Mixture Modeling >
Message/Author
 Elina Dale posted on Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 9:04 pm
Dear Dr. Muthen,
Am using mixture randomized trials modeling with CACE estimation. I ran my model 3 times with increasing number of STARTS and STITERATIONS. It seemed to work fine and my best loglikelihood values were replicated. However, I keep getting this warning message (and based on TECH1 I see it's about my Alpha (F) parameters for my Class 2):

"These parameters were fixed to avoid singularity of the information matrix. [It] is most likely because the the model is not identified, or because of empty cells in the joint distribution of the categorical variables in the model."

I also see in the Model results that Intercepts for latent class 2 (F1, F2, F3, F4) have p-values=999.000, i.e. they couldn't be computed. As I understand this is the result of the above warning message, b/c for class 1 I got coefficients and p-values.

I do not understand where the Program has "fixed these parameters" as it says in the warning message. Where do I find them? Are they those values that are provided under the Intercepts? If so, then why are their p-values impossible to compute? Thank you!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 6:53 am
Please send the output and your license number to support@statmodel.com.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: