New mixture output in v7 PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Latent Variable Mixture Modeling >
Message/Author
 Jon Heron posted on Monday, July 08, 2013 - 6:58 am
Hi Bengt/Linda

I see we have a new bit of output, and I'm struggling to work out exactly what it is.
Please can you explain the difference? I can recreate the first but not the second in Stata using the cprobabilities

Average Latent Class Probabilities for Most Likely Latent Class Membership (Row) by Latent Class (Column)

Classification Probabilities for the Most Likely Latent Class Membership (Row) by Latent Class (Column)

thanks, :-)
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Monday, July 08, 2013 - 7:45 am
The new version of Web Note 15 has the details I believe.
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Monday, July 08, 2013 - 7:47 am
The revised Web note 15 also describes the Lanza et al. method for distals that we recently incorporated (option names DCON/DCAT).
 Jon Heron posted on Monday, July 08, 2013 - 7:59 am
ace, thanks Bengt
 Jon Heron posted on Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 8:25 am
Ahh, the second is Vermunt's D matrix.
 Dustin Pardini posted on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 5:44 am
Is the auxiliary option not available for GMM that use numerical integration to handle ordinal data? Do you have suggestions on potential alternatives?
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 8:12 pm
Only Auxiliary types E and R are available for Mixture with numerical integration. None of the new types are available.
 Jonathan Larson posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 7:26 am
From page 4 of Webnote 15, it seems like the table “Classification Probabilities for the Most Likely Latent Class Membership (Row) by Latent Class (Column)” represents the probability that the most likely class will be c1 given that the true class is c2 (P(S = c1 | C = c2)). Is that true, and if so, why don't the columns sum to 1?

Thank you!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 12:14 pm
Each row looks at the observations with most likely class membership in a particular class. The columns represent the average of the posterior probabilities for those observations for each class.
 Trang Q. Nguyen posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 7:34 am
Hi Linda, I have the same question as Jonathan about the table "Classification Probabilities for the Most Likely Latent Class Membership (Row) by Latent Class (Column)". Webnote 15 says it represents P(S=c1|C=c2). Since the columns represent latent class (C) and the rows represent most likely class (S), shouldn't the columns sum to 1? Thank you!
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 4:08 pm
Good that you asked - the output heading is off. For both the Classification probabilities table and the Logits table, the words "row" and "column" should be switched. This means that it makes sense for the Classification table that for a given row the probabilities sum to 1 over columns.
 Trang Q. Nguyen posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 7:57 pm
Thank you!
 xybi2006 posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 2:19 pm
Dear Dr. Muthen,
My Mplus is version 6.11. Can I do latent transition analysis using 3-step approach?
Thank you,
 xybi2006 posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 2:54 pm
Does Mplus version 6.11 compute 'Classification Probabilities for the Most Likely Latent Class Pattern (Row) by Latent Class Pattern (Column)', and 'Logits for the Classification Probabilities for the Most Likely Latent Class Pattern (Row) by Latent Class Pattern (Column)'?

Thank you!
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 3:29 pm
No on both your questions. Note that version 6.11 is now 3 1/2 years behind the current Mplus version; much has happened in the interim.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: