Monte Carlo - classification matrices... PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Latent Variable Mixture Modeling >
Message/Author
 Jon Heron posted on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 3:57 am
Hi Bengt/Linda

before the release of version 7, Mplus only produced one classification matrix. Back then I wrote a (now obsolete) piece of Stata code to calculate the other matrix (Vermunt's D-matrix) and also the logits so I could implement the three-step method.

I've just dusted off my Stata code to run it on some Monte Carlo output and discovered that it does not work. I cannot calculate the second classification matrix from the first (and vice versa), although I can derive the second matrix from the logits.

Any idea what is going on here? are there a different set of rules for MC output? perhaps one matrix is averaged across draws.

many thanks, Jon
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Monday, February 17, 2014 - 2:05 pm
Please send the output from the Monte Carlo analysis pointing out which matrices you are concerned with.
 Jon Heron posted on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 1:12 am
Thanks Linda, I've just posted some details to support.

I have a further quick question on the topic of Monte Carlo simulations. If the analytical model is identical for the two approaches, would we expect the same answer when performing a one-stage MC compared to a two-stage in which all datasets are exported using REPSAVE?

Either there is good reason for differences - akin to the old fscores/factor-determinacy problem - or I am suffering from class switching when analysing my REPSAVEd data.

Any idea? perhaps a third reason?

many thanks, Jon
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: