Latent Budget Model PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Latent Variable Mixture Modeling >
Message/Author
 Darren  posted on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 5:20 am
A "latent budget" model is described in chapter 4 of the Applied LCA book (Hagenaars and McCutcheon). It is also described here:

http://statistics.ucla.edu/system/resources/BAhbBlsHOgZmSSI7MjAxMi8wNS8zMC8xNV8xMV8xOF83MzdfQV9MYXRlbnRfVGltZV9CdWRnZXRfTW9kZWwucGRmBjoGRVQ/A%20Latent%20Time-Budget%20Model.pdf

It is essentially an asymetric re-organization of the latent class model. Given a matrix (i,j) with observations i and variables j, the joint probability of (i,j) is a function of k-class specific latent budgets described by Beta_j (which must sum to 1) multiplied by a set of mixing proportions Alpha_i (which must also sum to 1) - so that the observed values for any observation's variables are described as a mixture of latent budgets.

Despite its close relationship to a latent class model, I can't figure out how to estimate the model parameters in Mplus, though I strongly suspect it will involve the use of KNOWNCLASS. Is this something you can shed some light on?
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 4:46 pm
I haven't studied this model. Anybody?

I guess I should read up on it.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: