LCA with a single binary outcome PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Latent Variable Mixture Modeling >
Message/Author
 Elande Baro posted on Saturday, July 12, 2014 - 9:13 am
I was wondering if you are aware of any way to estimate a LCA model with less than 4 binary indicators(responses). Also, if you can point me to some reference paper that would be great. Ideally, I would like to be able to fit LCA with just one binary indicator, as I am working in a causal inference context where there is usually a single response; I know the identifiability conditions are not met in this case, but wondering if there is any way to go around that.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Saturday, July 12, 2014 - 1:53 pm
See Slide 72 of the Topic 5 course handout. It shows that to identify two classes you need a minimum of three categorical latent class indicators.
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Saturday, July 12, 2014 - 3:15 pm
If you have covariates you can identify latent classes with at least the logit intercept varying. Topic 5 shows an example of that called "Trypanosomes" with a reference. It is harder to identify a class-varying slope.

In the case of a randomized study, there is a large literature on CACE mixture modeling with classes of shows and no-shows representing compliance classes. There are CACE examples in the UG.
 emmanuel bofah posted on Sunday, July 13, 2014 - 2:27 am
hi,
Is it possible to follow all my post in the forum. There are question i ask some months back which i want to revisit the response but just can get them.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Sunday, July 13, 2014 - 6:30 am
Try searching on your name.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: