Descriptive statistics PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Latent Variable Mixture Modeling >
Message/Author
 JW posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 5:11 am
Hi, about to run an LGM with all continuous data; however, I can't figure out how to get the descriptive statistics option to work from the pull down graph menu? I'm using the following commands:

ANALYSIS: TYPE=MISSING BASIC;
PLOT: TYPE = PLOT1;

But, when I click on the graph option, the 'view descriptive statistics' is ghosted out i.e., I can't click on it? I'm using V. 3.1 if that makes a difference. What I am not doing right?
Thanks,
James.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 10:22 am
You need to have a plot open to use View Descriptive Statistics.
 Maureen Brinkworth posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 9:28 am
I have created four separate latent factors. When I examine the Tech4 output I can see that the mean of each is zero, which is consistent with what I've read in other posts. However when I create a plot of the factor (using Plot3) and look at the descriptive statistics, the mean has a non-zero value. Could you explain what this mean represents and what the mean from Tech4 represents? Thank you!
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 3:07 pm
The plot of the factor uses estimated factor scores and they don't have the same mean as the model-estimated factor mean shown in TECH4. That estimated factor scores don't behave like true factor score is an established psychometric fact - see factor analysis books and for example

Skrondal, A. and Laake, P. (2001). Regression among factor scores. Psychometrika 66, 563-575.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: