Inconsistent BLRT across comparable m... PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Latent Variable Mixture Modeling >
Message/Author
 Jon Heron posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 11:47 pm
Hi,

I have 3 continuous measures and I am throwing a bunch of different mixtures models at them.

I am fitting two types of LCGA, one with a quadratic describing changes through time and the other a piecewise linear change.

For mixture models with the same number of classes these two models achieve exactly the same fit figures - likelihood, AIC, BIC, aBIC, Entropy (not that surprising)

However, when it comes to BLRT I am finding differences - the BLRT supports the 3 class model for the quadratic LCGA however the conclusions are different for the piecewise model (in fact the BLRT changes are non-monotonic for this model, favouring a 2 or a 6 class).

To make sure that these are not just fluke results I have increased the starts considerably:

k-1starts = 1000 100;
lrtstarts 0 0 1000 100;
lrtbootstrap 1000;

however the results seem robust.

Perhaps this is nothing to be surprised about and there is in fact nothing wrong here at all?

many thanks

Jon
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Friday, August 15, 2008 - 8:20 am
Please send your files and license number to support@statmodel.com.
 Jon Heron posted on Saturday, August 16, 2008 - 9:17 am
Thanks Linda, I'll have to track down my license invoice first
- I fear it may still be sitting in a secretary's in-tray
 Ranak Trivedi posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 8:03 am
I created a 2 class latent class model, and now want to use the classes as independent variables in regression analyses. when i try to save the classes to a file, it will only save variables in the usevariables command, and the classes/cprobs but not the rest of the variables in the original input file. i don't want to add the other variables in usevariables command because they are not relevant to creating the classes. is there a way to do this, or merge the two files? any help is appreciated.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 8:34 am
See the AUXILIARY option of the VARIABLE command.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: