Latent Class Question PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Latent Variable Mixture Modeling >
Message/Author
 Ranak Trivedi posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 5:58 am
Hi: I created a two class model using latent class analysis, and now want to use the classes as independent variables in regression analysis. When I try to save the classes to a file, it only creates a file with the class, the cprobs, and variables in the usevariable statement. my DV and other covariates are in another file. Is there a way to merge the two files or to save the class and cprobs into the original file? thanks.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 7:26 am
You can use the AUXILIARY option of the VARIABLE command. Please see the user's guide for further information.
 Seana Golder posted on Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 6:19 am
I am having trouble figuring out exactly how to conceptualize my analysis in LCA terms. I am interesting in three constructs (victimization, substance use and psychological distress) and identifying classes of individuals derived from these three constructs. Is this “simply” a straight forward LCA or is it something more specialized like a CFA mixture model? Conceptually, each of these constructs could be modeled as a latent factor that in turn is used as a latent class indicator....but I am unsure if this is appropriate within the LCA framework.

Thanks!
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 7:37 am
You can approach this via LCA. You would want several items representing each of the 3 constructs because 3 variables can identify only 2 classes. You can do LCA with a factor model for the items measuring the constructs so that it is the means of the factors that vary across classes, but that is a bit more advanced.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: