Tech1 output as a text file? PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Latent Variable Mixture Modeling >
Message/Author
 Phil Wood posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 1:32 pm
I'd like to request that Mplus have the ability to write files, much like the output files of parameter estimates, which specify which elements of which matrices are free and, if fixed, shows which elements are fixed to nonzero values.
Something maybe like:
phi(1,1) = p1
lambda(2,1)=1
etc.
Just a thought- it would make some of the ancillary programming a lot easier- thanks for considering!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 8:30 am
Are you asking to save TECH1? Or are you asking to save parameter estimates in the format of TECH1? I am not clear on your request.
 Phil Wood posted on Saturday, November 08, 2008 - 7:30 pm
Saving tech1 would work, or, alternatively, being able to just save something like the matrix name, element row and column, and parameter number (for tech 1) and the matrix name, element row and column and numerical (start) value would be handy.
thanks for responding- I don't know how practical it would be to do.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Sunday, November 09, 2008 - 6:14 am
I will add saving TECH1 to our suggestion list.
 zhang, ying posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 11:46 am
I used "tech 1" and "tech 3" as output to see the estimated covariance matrix of the paramter estimates. It seemed that the default decimal places of these covariances are 3.
Is there any way to save more decimal places of these numbers (since these numbers are rounded)? or even save the estimated covariance matrix as a seperate file, like what LISREL does? Thanks!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 3:28 pm
TECH3 can be saved with more decimals. See the SAVEDATA command. TECH1 cannot be saved.
 roofia galeshi posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 11:19 am
Hello,

I have difficulty finding the output file. How can I specify a path for the output file.

My input file is: input.inp
My output file is: output.out

I just cannot find where the output.out is saved. I am running Mplus from SAS

Thank you for your help in advance
R.A.G.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 12:09 pm
Search your hard drive for output.out.
 roofia galeshi posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 1:59 pm
Thank you, but I should have mentioned that this laptop belongs to the job and I do not have access to any directory except C:\user\tom.
My question is how and where in the command file can I give a path for the output.out file to be saved. I am running this from SAS.

Thank you for your help in advance
R.A.G.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 2:10 pm
I don't know what happens when you are running from SAS. When you run Mplus from the Mplus editor, the output goes to the directory you are running from or the directory specified for the input file if one is specified.
 roofia galeshi posted on Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 4:51 pm
Hello Dr. Muthen,

I was searching on line for lectures on Latent Class Analysis and was able to find some of your lectures from UCLA, but the quality is so bad, it is almost impossible to watch, the small portion that I was able to watch was great. I was wondering if there are lectures with good quality for me to watch.

Thank you
RG
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 5:22 pm
Try the videos on the website. Topic 5 covers Latent Class Analysis.
 roofia galeshi posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 7:37 am
Dear Dr. Muthen,

I was wondering if I could purchase the DVDs of these lectures(1 through 20), I am on student budget but these have helped me tremendously, unfortunately the video quality is not good online.

Thank you
RG
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 8:44 am
The videos will shortly be available for download so you don't have to watch them online. You don't have to pay.
 roofia galeshi posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 8:56 am
Great! Thank you so much
Roofia
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: