Program for LCFA PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Latent Variable Mixture Modeling >
Message/Author
 cchien posted on Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 10:56 am
Is there any available example, tutorial, or guidance to help users learn how to write programs for the latent class factor analysis (LCFA) in Mplus. I googled but there was no clue about it. Thanks!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 11:21 am
You may find the following paper which is available on the website helpful:

Clark, S.L., Muthén, B., Kaprio, J., D’Onofrio, B.M., Viken, R., Rose, R.J., Smalley, S. L. (2009). Models and strategies for factor mixture analysis: Two examples concerning the structure underlying psychological disorders. Submitted for publication.

Also, see the Topic 5 course handout and video.
 Scott R. Colwell posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 8:28 am
I am looking at a confirmatory LCA with 2 latent class factors cy1 and cy2 each being measured with 4 continuous indicators. Similar to example 7.14 but with all continuous indicators rather than a mix of binary and continuous indicators.

Given that tech 11 isn't available in CLCA, is the proper strategy to evaluate how many classes are in cy1 and cy2 (for the command classes = cy1(?) cy2(?)) to run a LCA for cy1 and cy2 separately in order to evaluate number of classes via tech11?
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 11:00 am
I would look at each latent class variable separately as a first step. I would look at not only TECH11 but BIC and other fit statistics.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: