Bizarre Threshold Estimates PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Latent Variable Mixture Modeling >
Message/Author
 Adam Myers posted on Saturday, May 15, 2010 - 5:45 pm
My threshold estimates are sometimes -15 or 15 with two-tailed p-values of 999.99. I don’t understand how to interpret thresholds. What does this mean?

Also, I am getting several warning messages. Two of them suggest increasing the number of starts, but I already have increased it to 100. Another one says this:

THE STANDARD ERRORS OF THE MODEL PARAMETER ESTIMATES MAY NOT BE TRUSTWORTHY FOR SOME PARAMETERS DUE TO A NON-POSITIVE DEFINITE FIRST-ORDER DERIVATIVE PRODUCT MATRIX. THIS MAY BE DUE TO THE STARTING VALUES BUT MAY ALSO BE AN INDICATION OF MODEL NONIDENTIFICATION. THE CONDITION NUMBER IS -0.148D-16. PROBLEM INVOLVING PARAMETER 47.

Any advice with any of this issues would be much appreciated. Thanks!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Sunday, May 16, 2010 - 10:07 am
It sounds like the thresholds are being fixed to -15 and +15. This is not a problem. A threshold of -15 represents a probability of 1. A threshold of +15 represents a probability of zero.

Please send the output and license number to support@statmodel.com for your other questions.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: