Regression Mixture model PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Latent Variable Mixture Modeling >
Message/Author
 Patrice Laroche posted on Friday, April 20, 2012 - 6:14 am
I have conducted a Latent Profile Analysis to form clusters of 'organizational commitment' based on 8 items (x1-x8) and clusters of 'union commitment' based on 12 items (u1-u12). I have obtained 3 clusters for organizational commitment and 2 clusters for union commitment (using LCA with Mplus).
Then, I did a LCA with a second order factor. I obtained 3 x 2=6 clusters. I would like to test the influence of this second order factor (let’s say it is ‘dual commitment’) on an outcome (a continuous and/ or a categorical variable y). How can I do that? I can’t use the ‘auxiliary’ function with a second order factor.
Moreover, there are theoretical arguments that another variable (m1) might moderate the relationship between ‘dual commitment’ and y. m1 is a binary moderator (actually, m1 is another cluster with 2 classes based on 10 items). How can I test this moderation?

Any help and guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Friday, April 20, 2012 - 8:35 am
You can regress the distal outcome on the factor, the moderator, and the interaction between the factor and moderator, for example,

y ON f m1 fm1;
 Patrice Laroche posted on Friday, April 20, 2012 - 12:41 pm
I have already tried y ON f and it did not lead to the kind of results I would like (or maybe I did not find the right results in the output). Actually, I would like the equivalent of an equality test of means across classes of f (3*2 =6 classes here)using posterior-based multiple imputation. I can do it for C1 and C2 but not for f which is the second order factor.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Friday, April 20, 2012 - 1:15 pm
Please send the output and your license number to support@statmodel.com.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: