Plotting estimated factors PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Growth Modeling of Longitudinal Data >
Message/Author
 David S. DeGarmo posted on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 5:30 pm
Dear MPlus, I would like to examine plots of my factor scores in basic LGM models. I am using MLR and sample weights. I have saved the factor scores to an external file. However, when I use the series command and the "Type = Plot3" in MPlus5, I can view the observed indicators and distributions, observed and fitted trajectories. However, there are no estimated growth factors under the histogram and scatterplot options. Should the factor scores also appear in the same window with the observed indicators?
Thank you in advance, D.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 5:38 pm
If you have factors in the model, it is not necessary to save factor scores, they will automatically be available with the PLOT command to be viewed as histograms or in scatterplots. You don't put the growth factors in the SERIES list. Maybe you are not going down the list far enough. The factors appear after the observed variables.
 David S. DeGarmo posted on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 10:05 pm
I was just saving scores to see them and series worked fine. I am running a simple 3 wave linear growth so the 3 observed indicators show in the drop down menu, my high tech mouse was not scrolling through window, did not realize there was a scroll bar. Thank you! factor plots are a great tool!
 Daniel Stow posted on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 3:34 am
I am having problems with my estimated individual value plots.

Using a null model

MODEL
im0@0 m1@1 m2@2 m3@3 m4@4 m5@5 m6@6 m7@7 m8@8 m9@9 m10@10 m11@11 m12@12;
i@0;

PLOT TYPE IS PLOT3;
SERIES = m0 m1 m2 m3 m4 m5 m6 m7 m8 m9 m10 m11 m12 ();

I would expect the estimated individual value plot to look the same as the estimated mean plot (a flat line with an intercept equal to the mean observed values from m0-m12). However, my estimated individual value plot seems to plot flat along zero, with an x axis of 0-1 (estimated mean plot x axis is 0-30 as the observed mean for my data is 26)

I don't think I've had any problems with this in the past - could this be due to the upgrade to version 8? Thank you very much for your time
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 4:31 pm
Send output and the gh5 file to Support along with your license number and a copy og this message.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: