Mediate effect PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Growth Modeling of Longitudinal Data >
Message/Author
 Wu wenfeng posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 6:18 pm
Dear Mplus team;
I have done a longitudinal investigation. the Independent variable is depression, the dependent variable is stress, and the mediator is attributive style.All these 3 variables are continuous and administrated to students 4 time. I'd like to do a MSEM analysis, and select "1-1-1"model according to Preacher's article"A General Multilevel SEM framework for Assessing Multilevel Mediation"published on psychological method(2010,03), but the Mplus5.1 can't work, I'd like to ask you if this kind of data is possible to do "1-1-1"MSEM, thank you!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 10:26 am
This can be done in the current version. I can't think of any reason it can't also be done in Version 5.1.
 Wu wenfeng posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 7:20 pm
Dear Mplus team, I have a question, when doing MSEM analysis for longitudinal data, do we need to set the baseline variable? such as,I investigated depression 4 times, and I set the first investigation as the baseline.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 10:27 am
If there is a baseline measure, it is common to use it as the first time point. See the Topic 3 and 4 course videos on the website which cover growth modeling.
 Wu wenfeng posted on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 12:28 am
Thanks for your reply!
I tried my best want to watch the topic 3 and/or 4 course videos on line, but it seems very difficult to me, the download speed is very slow,always show 0 kb/s.Could you please give me another way to solve my problem? thank you!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 8:42 am
Try looking at the Topic 3 and 4 handouts, the examples in Chapter 9, and the references and papers on the website.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: