Are cases with missing data different... PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Missing Data Modeling >
Message/Author
 Robert Archer posted on Sunday, July 14, 2019 - 11:38 am
Good afternoon Dr. Bengt and Linda Muthen, I am trying to create a variable identifying missing data patterns and then use that as the dependent variable in an equation so I can determine if respondents who dropped out of a longitudinal study at later waves are different than those who participated in the first wave. I am a bit lost as to how to create the variable in Mplus identifying the missing data pattern. Of course, I know how to create variables in Mplus; however, I am interested in finding out how that variable is created for the missing data. Thank you much for any help you can provide. Best regards, Robert
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Sunday, July 14, 2019 - 11:53 am
Sounds like you want to do Pattern-Mixture modeling. See the article on our website:

Muthén, B., Asparouhov, T., Hunter, A. & Leuchter, A. (2011). Growth modeling with non-ignorable dropout: Alternative analyses of the STAR*D antidepressant trial. Psychological Methods, 16, 17-33. Click here to view Mplus outputs used in this paper.
download paper contact first author show abstract

And also see UG ex 11.4.
 Robert Archer posted on Sunday, July 14, 2019 - 12:28 pm
Hello Dr. Muthen, thank you much. I will review this information which should be quite helpful. Best, Robert
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: