Likelihood ratio test comparing neste... PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Categorical Data Modeling >
Message/Author
 Joanna Martin posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 7:40 am
Hi there,
I am analysing a highly zero-inflated dependent variable and using the code for a zero-inflated negative binomial (ZINB) model as per the user's guide:
COUNT = u1- u4 (nbi);
I have one main independent variable and a covariate (gender). Given that the ZINB output is in 2-parts (inflation and count), I wanted to generate a summary p-value & Chi2 statistic by using a likelihood ratio test to compare my main model against the null model (only gender predicting the dep. variable).
I cannot work out how to do this, particularly as the "MODEL FIT INFORMATION" in the output does not give me a Chi2 statistic.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 9:32 am
The chi-square that compares the observed to the model estimation covariance matrix is not available with count data because means, variances, and covariances are not sufficient statistics for model estimation. For two models with the same set of dependent variables, a difference test of two nested models can be carried out using the loglikelihoods. -2 times the loglikelihood difference is distributed as chi-square.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: