"Unknown option" error variable PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Categorical Data Modeling >
Message/Author
 Kelsey Antle posted on Monday, August 25, 2014 - 2:52 pm
Hello,

I apologize if this is a simple question, but when I run my path analysis I have been getting "unknown option:" followed by one of my variables (not a command). When I removed said dichotomous variable, my analysis came back with the error "unknown option:" followed by a different variable (this time a ratio variable). Is this a common issue? I checked, and all my missing cases are -9999 so I don't think that's the issue.
Thanks!
Kelsey
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Monday, August 25, 2014 - 3:03 pm
Sounds like a simple syntax error, perhaps involving a missing semi colon. If you can't find it, send output to Support with your license number.
 Kelsey Antle posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - 7:58 am
Thanks so much, I'll do that!
 Demet Kara posted on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 10:23 am
Hi,

I get the following error over and over again. I am trying to convert my Spss file into .csv, it might be due to that but i could not find what is wrong.

"ERROR in VARIABLE command
Unknown option:"

It gives the name of a variable, and if I delete that one, for the next variable it says the same thing.

Can you help me with this problem? Thank you.
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 2:31 pm
Please send your Mplus output to Support along with your license number.
 Elizabeth Solberg posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 6:25 am
Hi, I'm also receiving the unknown option error for one of my variable commands, and I don't know why.

I am trying to use the lagvar command.

usevariables = TAd SD OPEN...;
lagvar = TAd(1);

If it makes a difference, my data type is imputation.

I thought it made more sense to create the lag variable from the imputed data, not create the lag variables in the incomplete data set, and then impute the missing lag variables.

Perhaps this is wrong?

Thanks so much for any guidance.
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 2:43 pm
The lagvar option is a feature of the forthcoming Version 8. So not yet here.
 Elizabeth Solberg posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 2:59 pm
Thank you, Bengt. That does explain the error, and why I couldn't find anything about the command in the user guide. Is there an alternative for creating lag variables in the present version? I am struggling to find any guidance or examples on this and other forums.

Thank you again for your help.
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 5:34 pm
It's probably best to create them outside Mplus.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: