EFA with categorical indicators PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Exploratory Factor Analysis >
Message/Author
 Chantal Hermann posted on Monday, July 25, 2011 - 1:20 pm
Hi,

I have a quick question I was hoping you could please help me with. I have run an EFA on ordinal items from several different scales. The items are measured using different Likert scales (e.g., some are 5 point, some are 7 point etc.) and most of the items are positively skewed. I have used both WLSMV and ULSMV estimators and get the same results. I am finding that the items from each scale are sticking together and all loading onto their own factor (e.g., all the items from Scale 1 are loading onto one factor and all of the items for Scale 2 are loading onto a separate factor). Could this be a result of using different Likert scales (e.g., some 5 point and some 7 point)?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Chantal
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Monday, July 25, 2011 - 2:17 pm
I don't think that would be the reason.
 Rong Jin posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 10:47 am
Linda:

I am using EFA to analyze ordinal data. I wonder what warning messages reveal a improper solution?

thank you,
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 1:12 pm
I'm not sure how to answer you. There are a variety of messages you can get for different reasons. If you have a question about a particular message, let me know.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: