Do SEM and Mplus fit my needs? PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Areti Gkypali posted on Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 11:48 pm
Hello everyone. I am very new to the field of latent variables analysis using SEM. My experience so far is limited in econometric models (and thus, packages) with endogenous limited dependent variables.

Currently I want to estimate a non recursive system of three or four equations with both continuous and discrete (ordered and count) dependent (observed) variables based on cross sectional data. These dependent variables, may approximate a latent variable which I am not sure yet if it is continuous or categorical.

After searching the literature and the internet I have found that Mplus may suit my needs. Thus, what I essentially ask is whether Mplus can satisfy my requirements and I would kindly ask for any other help towards this direction.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Sunday, March 03, 2013 - 10:33 am
You can estimate the model you describe in Mplus. Similar models can be found in the examples in Chapter 3 of the user's guide.
 Areti Gkypali posted on Monday, March 04, 2013 - 11:34 pm
Thank you very much for your prompt response. I will get back to you for inquiries about the product itself.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: