Longitudinal Mediation PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 T H posted on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 12:55 pm
Hello,

I am working the first time with MPlus, so I am not totally sure about my model.
I try to run a longitudinal mediation with 3 time waves, two mediators and two dependent variables. All variables are latent variables and I defined them before (not listed here).

T2M1 on T1M1 T1X;
T2M2 on T1M2 T1X;

T3Y1 on T2Y1 T2M1 T2M2;
T3Y2 on T3Y2 T2M1 T2M2;

T2M1 with T2M2;

Is the model so okay? All the variables are measures at all 3 waves, is it better to regress also the dependent variable T2 on the mediator T1, and also the mediator in T3 on the independent variable in T2 - or can I leave the model this way?

As default all the independent variables covariate. But in this model this leads to a covariance between the dependent variable in T2 with the independent variables in T1.

I guess that is not correct.

When I overwrite this command by using Model=NOCAVIRANCES command and specify both mediators in T2 as well as all the variables in T1 to covariate, the SMR raises a lot.
Do I need any other ‘WITH’ commands?

So far my SMR increases a lot using the second way, but all the other fit indices are good. What does this mean?

Thanks a lot in advance!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 9:45 am
The ON and WITH statements look correct.

Please send an outputs that illustrate the issues you see and your license number to support@statmodel.com. Point specifically to where in the output you see these problems.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: