Performance PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Caitlin Smith Sockbeson posted on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 9:08 am
Hello,

I am new to MPlus, so thank you for your help. I have a study, but I am not sure of the most appropriate way to analyze it. I have measured subjects on performance (time 1/baseline and time 2). I also had them set performance goals prior to time 1 and time 2 (to see if goal revision was a possible mediator). In between the rounds of performance, I provided manipulated feedback with various characteristics. I also measured the subjects' perceptions of the feedback, so I have a categorical variable (positive or negative feedback, for example), but I also have a continuous measure of the subjects' perceptions of how positive or negative the feedback was. If I had more rounds of performance, I think it would be appropriate to run this as a growth model, but since I have only 2 measures, I don't think it is appropriate. Although I have repeated measures of performance, each subject was only exposed to one type of feedback (with 3 characteristics manipulated, 2 x 2 x 2). I have been running it as a regression, controlling for the 1st round of performance, to see how performance was affected by the various types of feedback, but I wonder if MPlus would provide a more appropriate analysis. I have also seen a similar study done with HLM, though I have never done that analysis before. Thank you for any assistance you can provide!
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 6:36 pm
I think you may be able to get good feedback on these more general analysis questions if you post them on SEMNET.
 Caitlin Smith Sockbeson posted on Friday, June 26, 2015 - 5:36 am
I will; thank you.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: