AICc values in MPlus PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Mario posted on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 11:27 pm
We are using MPlus 7.0 and looking for a way to compute the AICc values. We are using ESTIMATOR = MLR and get AIC values. We are wondering if we could use the Burnham & Anderson (2002) equation to convert AIC to AICc :
AICc = AIC+(((2*k)*(k+1))/(n-k-1))
we are asking since this equation was built for normal distributed data whereas in our model some dependent variables have logistic distribution.
Also, we are wondering whether for the “k” in the above equation we can use the value “Number of Free Parameters” that MPlus provides.

Thanks,
Mario
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 6:53 pm
I'm sorry, but I am not familiar with that B & A equation. You may want to ask the authors.
 Mario posted on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 6:01 am
Thanks for the answer. We are wondering whether there is any statistical reason why MPlus doesn’t provide AICc values. If so, is there another way to compare models with small sample size (e.g., N=141; free parameters~20)?

Thanks,
Mario
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 12:26 pm
No statistical reason, except I don't think that BIC is too bad even at n=141.

If you really want that measure, just plug in the values and compute it by hand. It does look like their formula uses k for the number of parameters.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: