Graphics? PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Carla Bann posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 11:51 am
Is it possible to print out a picture of the path diagram in MPlus similar to Amos? If so, could you please let me know how to do it? Thanks.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 3:21 pm
No, Mplus does not do this.
 Timothy C. Bates posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 9:53 am
Given that valid scripts map to one and only one path diagram (i.e. the MODEL and other statements specify a diagram), it would be possible to write software to draw a path diagram given the script. Has anyone done that?
 Maša Vidmar posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 10:46 pm
Are you planing on implementing this feature (path diagrams) in the next versions of Mplus or not at all? I think Mplus is really user friendly in comparison to some other SEM programs, but having the path diagrams available would make it even more user friendly.
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 12:46 pm
No such plans currently - right now we find it more important to focus on extending analysis capabilities.
 Melissa Lopez posted on Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 2:39 pm
I am conducting a multiple group analysis and want to obtain the diagram for each group. When I choose the diagrammer, the model for the first group is shown. Is there a way to get the diagram for the other groups or do I need to draw those myself?
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Monday, September 29, 2014 - 9:56 am
We don't give a diagram for each group.
 Charles Opondo posted on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 9:21 am
I am running Mplus.exe from the command line. Is there an option, while running in this format, to create a .dgm file; alternatively, is there a way to invoke diagrammer.exe on the command like to create the .dgm file? So far I have only managed to open the .inp file on diagrammer from the command line, but I need it to go further than that (I'm automating the process).
 Thuy Nguyen posted on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 11:17 am
Yes, you can force Mplus to create the DGM file on the command line by giving the following option:

mplus inputfile.inp /diagram

This will not open the Diagrammer.exe, but the DGM file needed for the Diagrammer will be created.
 Charles Opondo posted on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 6:35 am
Absolutely brilliant! Thanks Thuy Nguyen. And just for some context, I am invoking MPlus from within a Stata .do file using the shell command. By enclosing the parameters to the MPlus.exe command as below, I am able to get it to run and output a path diagram:

shell "c:\folder\MPlus.exe" "c:\folder\file.inp" "c:\folder\file.out" "/diagram"

I can then display the output using the command:
type "c:\folder\file.out"

and invoke the diagrammer with my results using:
shell "c:\folder\Diagrammer.exe" "c:\folder\file.dgm"
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: