Indirect Effects PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Craig Field posted on Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 9:15 am
I have tested a simple mediation model in which motivation at 4 week follow up mediates the effect of treatment assignment on treatment outcome at 12 weeks using the model indirect effect command. While I understand the results, I am unclear as to how to explain the procedures in the methods section and report the findings in the results section. With regard to the methods section, is there a reference that can be used for this procedures (aside from the mplus manual)? I know I should report the estimates, standard error and estimate/standard error. The manual refers to the delta method but what statistic is being reported. I assume the estimate/standard error is similar to a z score and therefore, +/- 1.96 is significant. Is this assumption correct?
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 9:41 am
Check for references by MacKinnon. There is one for confidence intervals in our user's guide reference list that may address this. Mplus implements indirect effects that are the product of the two regression coefficients, that is, a times b. The Delta method is the method for calculating standard errors of the indirect effects. The ratio is a z score.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: