SAVEDATA RESULTS output PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Rob White posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 9:07 am
Hi,

I don't understand what's happening to the coefficient estimates and standard errors that are saved with the RESULTS option of SAVEDATA. Each of the estimates and errors is multiplied by either 10 or 100, or are divided by 10 or 100, without any obvious rule assigning the transformation. I reached this conclusion by comparing the results reported in my RESULTS output and the results in the standard .out output.

Is this some type of scaling to satisfy a format requirement for RESULTS outputs? If so, how do I turn it off.

Alternatively, is there a better way to spit out estimates and errors into a text file?

Thanks very much.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 9:24 am
I have not seen this in my experience. The results are saved in scientific notation but the values are not changed. Please send your input, data, output, saved data, and license number to support@statmodel.com if you would like me to take a look at it.
 Andrea Hildebrandt posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 4:19 am
I have a comparable problem.

I would need result files of many analysis in a one column format and no scientific notation.

Can I change the format "free" of the "savedata: results are" command and the E15.8 saving default?

Thank you for your help!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 6:13 am
The format of the saved results cannot be changed within Mplus. You would have to do this outside of Mplus.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: