Mediation Analysis with 2 Outcomes PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Saurabh Bhattacharya posted on Saturday, October 17, 2020 - 2:23 am
Hi,
I want to conduct a mediation analysis which has the following:
X-leading to Mediator (Y) and the Mediator leading to two outcomes (Y1 and Y2). Y1 is a continuous variable and Y2 is a dichotomous variable. The Mplus Version is 8.0.

I am aware about how to conduct the above mediation analysis separately, i.e.,
1) X---M--Y, where Y is continuous
2) X---M--Y, where Y is dichotomous

However, is there a path analysis procedure/ program through which I can run employ both the outcome variables together as a single model.
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Saturday, October 17, 2020 - 3:15 pm
Mplus doesn't give the counterfactually-defined effects for the binary Y is you have 2 Y's. But you can analyze them one at a time - the only disadvantage is if you have missing data on one while not on the other.
 Saurabh Bhattacharya posted on Sunday, October 18, 2020 - 3:10 am
Dear Prof. Muthen,

Thanks a lot for your response and the advise.
I will follow them.
 Saurabh Bhattacharya posted on Saturday, October 31, 2020 - 10:07 am
Dear Prof. Muthen,

I have a query about another model.

I want to run a moderated mediation analysis where

a) the moderator influences the relationship between the independent and mediator
b) the outcome variable is a count while all the other variables are continuous.
c) The data is panel and specifically firm-level financial data.

I want to know whether this can be done using MPLUS Version 8.0. Can you suggest any reading/s which will help me understanding the above. I know moderated mediation using MPLUS and Hayes procedure.
However, panel data and outcome being count. is this possible and what model or command should I use?

Best Wishes,

Saurabh
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Saturday, October 31, 2020 - 1:59 pm
With a mediation model with a count outcome, the effects should be evaluated using the counterfactual approach mentioned in reference on our Mediation page:

http://www.statmodel.com/Mediation.shtml

See especially the 2016 book by Muthen, Muthen, Asparouhov and also the 2011 paper by Muthen.

I don't know how many time points you have, but with panel data and several time points, other modeling issues arise.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: