Mixture versus manifest PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Derek Smolenski posted on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 10:16 am
I am comparing three models comprised of 2 exogenous latent variables, 2 manifest, dichotomous mediators and a 4-category nominal outcome. The three comparisons include the addition of a manifest, dichotomous variable: 1st model, as a covariate; 2nd model as an intermediate step between the two latent variables and the two mediators; 3rd model as a moderator of the model relationships. Since I have to use an integration algorithm to estimate these models, I cannot do traditional multi-group modeling for the third model; instead, I am doing a mixture model. My question is this: Is it appropriate to compare the AIC/BIC from the three models (with the first two including the variable as manifest, not knownclass), or should I do all three models as mixture models for comparability? Thank you in advance for any guidance.
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Sunday, January 11, 2009 - 10:00 am
To get AIC/BIC on a comparable scale you need to use a mixture model in all 3 cases.
 Derek Smolenski posted on Sunday, January 11, 2009 - 10:51 am
Thank you very much, sir.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: